Thank you for your interest in becoming a leader in the MI Movement!
Leadership in the MI is such a worthwhile commitment and a beautiful extension of our consecration to Mary. It is very humbling and rewarding to be even a ‘rusty instrument’ in Our Lady's hands as she draws young souls closer to her Son.
- At least 18 years of age with a high school diploma
- Available for entire retreat, including leadership day starting at 5pm the day before teens arrive
- A practicing Confirmed Catholic in good standing; loyal to the teaching authority of the Church
- Enrolled in the MI; possesses knowledge of Franciscan and Kolbean spirituality
- Possesses a working knowledge of the Catholic faith
SAFE ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENT
Any adult working with minors must complete the safe environment program established within their diocese and submit a copy of completion to the MI Youth Office.
- This may take advance planning to ensure that you get into a class and receive a certificate prior to the start of the MI Youth Summer Programs. Please contact your parish to inquire about the next available safe environment training class.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENT
First time applicants must download, print, sign and return the
Permission to Procure an Investigative Report Form.
Your application will not be considered until this form is received.
Before applying please make sure you have read, understand, and agree to all MI Policies & Code of Conduct for Volunteers in the Ministerial Relationship with Minors.
- Complete the online application.
- This will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- Partially completed forms cannot be saved.
- You will need the name and phone number of 2 personal references.
- For first time applicants there is a $ 40 fee; this is used to cover the cost of processing your background check.
- Mail or email an updated copy of your safe environment completion certificate to MI Youth Office.
- First time leaders only; Mail your Permission to Procure a Report Form to MI Youth Office.
- Please note that by completing this application process you are only expressing a desire to serve with MI Youth; it does not mean that you are granted a leadership position.
- The MI Youth Office will screen your application and notify you if your application is approved.
I'm Ready to Apply